Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 9, 2011

How to start?

Help! Now that January is almost over time is running out... Why? Because I don't want February to show up and I still haven't gotten a good grip on my weight loss thing-a-ma-jigger. I am tired of the word diet so I don't even know what to call it any more...I do this a lot...I say I am going to start in January, but January goes by sooo fast, and February is the month where I go into a kind of "Seasonal Effective Disorder" coma. March is usually when we get the most snowfall and blizzards here in Upstate New York. Then April comes and I start to panic because everyone is getting excited about spring and I realize my legs are still fat and white, and starting a diet in May is just stupid because then I think, "Wow, I could have lost 30 pounds by now and now I have to basically just starve myself and chain my body to a treadmill with a feeding tube." Ok, take a breath Jill...
Excuses, excuses, excuses...pathetic, pathetic, pathetic. I need to drop all the dramatics and just get my big butt to the gym. Who cares if every moron on the planet has made the same resolution and the gym is barraged by all the happy diet newcomers of the year and I can't find a parking space or an empty elliptical machine. If I have to park twenty miles away from the gym that could be actually good for my body. Unfortunately I feel so out of shape these days by the time I get dressed for the gym, put on a tiny bit of make-up so as not to scare everyone, and tie up my laces on my sneakers I already am exhausted and want to stay home. LOL. That goes away though after a few weeks so I just have to suck it up. My husband tries to help and always asks me if I want to accompany him to the gym...but he goes soooo earlyyyyyy, and I am not exactly what you call a "delight" in the morning. I just need to go anyway. Maybe some miracle will happen and I will actually start to enjoy getting up at the crack of dawn. <- That just might be the funniest phrase I ever wrote.
The point is, just do it, and I am going to try. I know if I can do something substantial before the end of the the month I will be so proud of myself. Now I just need to figure out what kind of meal plan to go with...hmmm I was considering a nice kick start with a low carb/ high protein diet. I also heard some great things about the diet they are advertising on The Dr. Phil show, that 17 day diet. That sounds awesome!!! I can do ANYTHING for 17 days, right? ;)

1 comment: