Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Good Grief...

The expression "Good Grief" always makes me smile. I am not sure why but I think it has something to do with Charlie Brown...he always said that, so when I hear it I get tickled.(as they say in the South) It's just such a decent and perfect saying to describe an emotion, without being crass or too dramatic, plus hardly anyone says it so it's not an annoying phrase that gets used over and over. Anyway...my point is that this seems to describe the way I feel lately. Nothing seems to be going the way I want it too so far in 2011, so I just want to say really loud, "GOOD GRIEF!"
I think we put too high of expectations on the new year, especially if the year you just had really sucked. It's supposed to be a new beginning, the start of a better way of living, reaching your goals, or fulfilling your dreams. I usually have resolutions every year, mostly having to do with my weight, ugh, but I don't want to get over ambitious with any of my goals this year. I would just like to be on the right track to my goals...that's all. That means eating healthier, exercising, getting adequate sleep, being a good and involved mother for my kids, being a better wife, being kinder, not letting toxic people into my life, enjoying time with my good friends, using my talents, and improving on my spiritual journey and relationship with God. I know none of these things sounds too hard or impossible, but when you are an undisciplined, artsy dreamer like me sometimes the easiest things can seem almost unreachable. I give into my moods, and desires, my craving, etc. What I am saying is that I am somewhat of a self-saboteur lol. I tend to drift from goal to goal like a person with A.D.D. drifts from task to task. Why did God have to give me this type of personality? Why can't I be a Type A person who is not only goal and task oriented, but they have the drive and motivation to achieve them? I have the desire, but no tools as to how to do it. Well, I guess at least I recognize this about myself, right? I am not delusional about what I am capable of at least, that's something! :P
Now, I just need to stop blabbing about my resolutions, lack of direction, etc. etc. and take action...on something!!! If I look back a year from now and every blog is like this I am going to drive off a cliff. If I can look back and know that in a years time I have lost a bunch of weight and feel healthier it would be so awesome...I really don't want to look back and say, "Man, I am in the same exact spot I was in last January, GOOD GRIEF!!!"

1 comment:

  1. I definitely struggle with drive/motivation more lately. I'm a type B person anyway, but I have some A qualities mixed in. The A qualities aren't rearing their heads lately so much. :/ I have always gotten easily overwhelmed in life. I'm sure people don't really see me that way. I think the key is to make teeny tiny goals that are so realistic, then when we succeed in a few we can actually believe we have it in us to reach for something higher.

    ReplyDelete